Third-party Witness Account Opening

For clients who do not have a ChineseResident Identity Card, a Hong Kong resident ID card, or a Hong Kong bank account, they can download and fill out the account opening form, have a face-to-face verification with a qualified third-party witness, and mail the documents to FUTU HK to open an account.

1. Preparing Documents

(1) Copies of identity documents: passports (non-Mainland China), etc., "Certified True Copy" must be indicated by the witness on your copies and signed by the witness.

(2)A proof of address: issued within 3 months

(3) Account opening form: please print, fill out and sign the form,  and a witness signature is required  Click to download the form

(4) A copy of the witness's license or certificate: a witness signature is required 

2. Having a Face-to-face Verification with a Witness

Since a witness must verify the client's signature when signing, the client needs to find a lawyer, a certified public accountant, a Notary Public, a Justice of the Peace, and other personnel as the third-party witness. In addition to signing the account opening form, the witness must attach a copy of his/her license or certificate and sign the copy for verification.

Note: If you live abroad, you can contact the local government notary offices, law firms, accounting firms, UPS express stores (applicable to some countries/regions) to consult the notarization service.

3. Mailing Documents

When you complete the face-to-face verification with a witness, please mail the above documents to FUTU HK:

Receiving address: Unit C1-2, 13F, United Centre, No. 95 Queensway, Admiralty, HK

Recipient: Account Opening Department

Contact number: +852 25233588

4. Waiting for Activation

After receiving your documents, our staff will review your documents as soon as possible. After your application is approved, you will receive an email containing the Futubull ID/Moomoo ID and initial password. After clicking the link in the email and completing the online risk disclosure, you will be ready to invest.